Sunday, August 21, 2011

Of Airplanes and Airports

It's official! I'm in Japan!

Sooooooo TIRED!

Let's recap:
  • Did my last minute errands in Vancouver (which included these interesting moments)
    • Exchanging my Canadian dollar for Japanese yen in BC. Money changer lady looks at my driver's license for ID and asks "Manitoba...is that in Canada?"
    • Old man behind me in line at London Drugs had 2 things with him. One was a large pack of Depends. The other was a worried face.
  • Departed Vancouver on a 12 hour flight to Taiwan.
    • Paid $32 extra in total for being overweight with my luggage (less than I thought it would be...I paid $50 for being overweight in Winnipeg PLUS another $20 for a second check-in luggage)
    Everything I need for a year.
  • Arrived in Taiwan and walked around the airport because of my 8 hour layover.
    • Really big airport...each gate has its own theme! Behold the over-the-top cuteness (or barfiness) that is..."Hello Kitty"


    • Stumbled across my first Asian dilemma in the men's bathroom (Do you take the RED PILL or the BLUE PILL?)

Door #1: Western sitting toilet on the left OR Door #2: Eastern squatting toilet on the right

  • Last 4 hour flight to Tokyo, Japan.
  • 1 hour bus limousine ride from Narita Airport to Grand Prince Hotel Takanawa for my first night.

It's Been a LONGGGGG DAY...

Tomorrow I'll be taken from this hotel and brought to my apartment for the year. And now...I... sleeeeee.....

No comments: