So much has happened since I last posted...let me count the ways...
1) Ronald McDonald (Scary Japanese version)
- If you haven't read or seen my previous McDonald's posting with a video of a "beautiful" Ronald, go check it out here.
- I stumbled across this other video just today that's promoting McDonald's. I'm not sure if it's real, but it made me laugh.
2) UFO Catchers
- If you don't know what that is, it's basically one of those machines where you win a prize by using "THE CLAW".
|Hello Kitty? Super Mario? Choose your destiny!|
- UFO Catchers are EVERYWHERE! There are buildings and arcades with rooms FILLED with these things, selling anything from candy to stuffed toys to posters.
- In Akihabara (the electronic, nerdy part of Tokyo) I, along with another coworker, with a significant amount of money, and with the disgraceful pity of one of the employees (who made it easier and easier for us to win) won one of these each:
- The picture speaks for itself:
|...but where's the wasabi?|
- FINALLY! Everyone's two favourite things: Milk AND Soda...TOGETHER AT LAST!
- I drank half of this because I was thirsty. The rest of the bottle is still sitting on my fridge.
- I woke up around 8am early on Sunday morning to girls shrieking outside of my apartment and sounds of a street fight. I ran out of my building looking frantically for the sounds of the commotion, when I see something on the other side of the metro line:
- I'll pretend the guy on the right is the "White Ranger" and the guy on the left is..."the bad guy with a scorpion face".
- Apparently they were filming some sort of movie outside my apartment, which included a group of actors dressed in school uniforms who provided the screaming that woke me up.
Anyways, I hope you readers continue to enjoy the posts I put up. This was a short AND random one that I just threw together, but here is a preview of some other things I'm going to be posting very soon:
- Long weekend trip to Nikko (World Heritage Site)
- Sumo Wrestling
- Baseball in Japan