Saturday, October 15, 2011

Japanese Pranks are AWESOME - Part 2

The Japanese are BRUTAL when it comes to scaring people!

This is the second installment of my favourite Japanese pranks. To see the others, check out the first installment.

This time around, in honour of Hallowe'en coming up in a few weeks, I'd like to focus on pranks intended for the sole purpose of scaring someone to death.

As an added informational tidbit, the picture on the right, which most people in North America know as the girl from The Ring (which itself was a remake of a 1998 Japanese movie called Ring), is what ghosts look like in Asian culture. Asian people are deathly afraid of these "ghosts".

They may be brutal, but to me "BRUTAL is FUNNY".



Mirror - This prank is one of my all-time favourites. I played this one over and over again and laughed my @$$ off each time.

TV - Japanese girls watching a video clip from Ring...and then.........

   Doorway - This one is actually a Korean prank, but it's still funny. Watch until the end!

  
Wake-up - Innovative ways of waking someone up...with a a touch of EXTREME!

  
MRI - This one isn't really scary...but that depends on your definition. I'd consider this one more gross.

 
Miscellaneous Scares - This is a mish mash of random Japanese scare tactics. My favourites are the boulder ones.


Hope you enjoyed these, and again, if you'd like to check out the first installment, just click here.
Until next time! Keep on pranking!

1 comment:

Nyasha said...

Haha, that is funny! This is another funny example: http://t.co/jZhfsc5f

By the way, I have my own blog which focuses on Asian culture and entertainment such as video games and I wonder if it is possible for you to view it and tell me what you think and how to improve my blog in the “About the Writer” page please: http://nynyonlinex.wordpress.com