Monday, August 22, 2011

More Than Just Sushi...

I got picked up from the hotel today and brought to my new apartment near Mejuri Station, which is actually a few metro stops away from Shinjuku and Harujuku (which are apparently very famous areas). I also saw the famous intersection in Tokyo that everyone knows of. I'll take photos or video of that later.

Anyways this post will just be about food. I was planning on taking photos of my new apartment, but I am sleepy. There is much more to Japanese food than sushi. The food culture here is rich with more than just raw fish on rice balls.

Japanese food LOOKS as good as it TASTES!

Visited the school I'm going to be teaching at today (Canadian International School Tokyo) and along the way stopped at a popular Japanese restaurant to eat this:
Unknown dish (fried chicken, eggplant, rice, assorted greens)

After setting up the Internet in my apartment, I went out and bought some food and other household items. The first shopping experience in a new country is always a lot of fun. I'll dedicate another future post on that topic.

Freshly made foods here are all DISCOUNTED 2 hours before grocery stores close!

Yes I know this photo is of sushi, but it was discounted! 30% off! I picked up 2 of these, one of which was supposed to be breakfast...but I ended up eating everything.

This isn't boding well...

No comments: