Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Farewell! Family, Friends...Food

Out of Swaggerville and into BC

Thanks to everyone with all the well-wishes! The last 3 weeks have been fantastic...filled with family, friends, and my favorite...FOOD!

I HATE packing with a passion so thanks goes out to my sister who basically packed all of my luggage for me. A whole apartment packed into 2 pieces of luggage was a daunting task. Oh thanks also goes out to my sister who basically did all my packing for me. As for why I only got 1 hour of sleep? Answer: I do not know.

Kitana, Raiden, and Mileena (Yes, those are their REAL names)
THIS IS NOT A PHOTO OF MY LUGGAGE

I will miss my nieces and nephew the most. After seeing me off at the airport, my sister tweeted me saying "The kiddies said they're taking a spaceship to visit in Japan". As you can see from the photo...despite their enthusiasm, unfortunately their spaceship won't make it to Japan anytime soon.

So...I'll be here in Vancouver for 5 days with family before I leave for Japan. So therefore I have 5 more days of eating! Yes!...I mean "Hai!" The last 3 weeks I had in Winnipeg were FILLED with food...and I was a happy man. Mostly due to my Uncle (who just arrived from the Philippines and apparently is an awesome chef) as he made a new dish every day. Yummm...

Anyways...Here's a look at some of my favorite foods that I ate before I left Winnipeg:

Blondie's 9 Pound burger - Wrapped
Blondie's 9 Pound burger -Undressed
Blondie's 9 Pound burger - 1 slice (a little more than 1 pound)
My Last Winnipeg Meal: KFC Poutine


And so I'm in Vancouver for 5 days...to acclimatize myself to Asians (this joke is okay because I am also Asian...:S) before flying over to Asia. To celebrate my arrival in Vancouver, my family here cooked this magnificent monstrosity:

.
Bacon Explosion: (bacon, sausage, prosciutto wrapped into a meatloaf, covered with a bacon weave)
Surrounded by golden smoked ribs using Mesquite woodchips

I am currently in a state of perpetual "food-coma".

No comments: