Wednesday, July 27, 2011

3 weeks to go...

In Vancouver now for a few days. The working visa process went well at the Japanese Consulate in Calgary. They HAD to see me face to face...it was "MANDATORY". The whole exchange took 5 minutes...they didn't interview me, all they wanted to see was me physically hand them my passport and documents. Good thing I came out to Vancouver with my sister...otherwise a plane or driving to Calgary would have been a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME & MONEY!

The visa process takes 5 working days, so by the time I get back to Winnipeg on Saturday, my passport should be waiting for me in my mailbox.

Anyways, I'm enjoying my time here in Vancouver with my family and soaking up some Canadian things that I probably won't see again for a long, long time once I'm in Japan:

Poutine: Thank you Belgian Fries and The Backstage Lounge
Miscellaneous: Thank you Caribbean Days Festival Parade 2011

No comments: